Big Mama- How Do You Do it?!

People ask me HOW DO I DO IT ALL having three children, have music career, teach, be a wife. Well, I don't. Here's what happens.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Earlier this year I read this book: Put Your Dreams First- Handle Your [Entertainment] Business by Thembisa Mshaka


My Notes after reading Handle Your Business:
Reading this book woke me up. I was literally drained from traveling to take my children down south to visit grandys, and I also took them to give me a moment to handle some business (work life). Reading the book was the very thing that I needed at the moment. What was encouraging was that I knew about these women. So to hear their story a little closer gave me insight and hope as I journey through the music industry. Khamilah Forbes, Abby Dobson, Fiona Bloom, and even the women Lenora who has had Landmark Education are all women I have some a distant connection with. That was very encouraging. It also made me see the music world as a much smaller entity and made me feel like my dreams are attainable. Well for the record I never thought they weren’t attainable because I am living my dream. This is one stage. The book gives me guidance and skin for the next stage. It was also a wakeup call to get my entertainment business {dreams} in order. 
Thanks Thembisa (and Fiona for putting the bug in my ear)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tamara,

Thank you for this post! It is so affirming to hear that this book is wakng women up in a positive way. After working on my 7-year dream, it's good to know I wasn't alone in wanting more guidance as a woman in the entertainment field. To Dreams Fulfilled! Love, Thembisa

8:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. For your readers who wish to see the trailer, pick up a copy, or learn more about the book, they can visit http://www.putyourdreamsfirst.com

-Thembisa

8:06 AM  
Blogger Fiona Bloom said...

What you said is so powerful and very uplifting- keep setting the example!

Much love,
Fiona

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home