Big Mama- How Do You Do it?!

People ask me HOW DO I DO IT ALL having three children, have music career, teach, be a wife. Well, I don't. Here's what happens.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lessons I learned today from being so “BUSY”.

The little things I say to my children are good for my ears as well.

Lesson #1 Timing. “Can we plant the seeds?” Trinity asked after eating her orange. “No, it’s not planting season,” I say with authority. I listened to myself this time. What season is it for you Tami? Figure this out.
Lesson #2 Delegating. “Mommy, can you pull my pant leg down?” Ok, I pulled one down and said, “Why don’t you get your brother to do the other one?” She did and Daniel, willingly, was very successful at this.
Lesson #3 Sit. Eat. Chew. Those were the directions I gave my children this morning for breakfast. Then I sat down, I ate and enjoyed my bowl of cereal. Before I said this aloud, I was putting the dishes away, bagging a gift and reading O. One thing at a time, I told them and told myself. This was the biggest lesson for me today.

These are not easy tasks for most of us who are so used to being busy. But we surely have enough to keep us busy with our creative minds going non-stop. Every now and then, listen to yourself as you give directions to others.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

One thing at a time! Such good news for kids. Kids really love to help each other.
Kudos to you for going public. You may create a pathway for other timid souls who think hiding is being truthful and honest.
Love watching your career and parenting taking place side-by-side.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home