Big Mama- How Do You Do it?!

People ask me HOW DO I DO IT ALL having three children, have music career, teach, be a wife. Well, I don't. Here's what happens.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009


The single most beautiful thing I love about the New Year is my new calendar. It is the most refreshing thing about the beginning of the year for me. I spend lots of time in December searching for the right calendar each year. In 2008, I was given a gift of the Gustav Klimt calendar. I will never forget, it gave me so much inspiration. Last year, I bought the Self-Realization Yogananda calendar which was written in Spanish. Didn’t matter that I didn’t speak or read Spanish. It was the photos I needed. Last spring, a colleague saw that he had the same calendar and offered me his calendar in English, so I could read the quotes, which for him most important.
This year, I went for a more functional calendar. It was all about the inspiration last year and the year before that. This year is more about the plan. It’s about the “sticking” to the plan, or at least having one to stick to. Discipline, obedience, and preparedness: that’s what I’m going for.
Already on my calendar, I have a website launch party, yoga and exercise plan, children’s activities, writing times, and recording schedules. But all that doesn’t matter if I don’t stick to it.

I created my binder for my new musical project. It is full of organization, but the contents are bare. Mostly because I have lyrics in three different places, instrumentals and notes here and there. As I fill its pages, I will use this blog to update you on the progress.
Well, I have a lot planned this year. We know how plans go. They sometimes have a way of working you, but I will do my best to not make a liar out of my new calendar.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home